- Vendor: Dorwest
Omega Star 500ml
Naturally high in nourishing Omega 3 and 6 oils to support a healthy skin and coat
Especially formulated to promote a healthy skin and coat our Omega Star® For Dogs oil is ideal for pets who want to look their best and to support those with skin conditions. Containing a naturally balanced blend of omega oils and vitamin E, this oil moisturises, nourishes and soothes the skin while supporting quality coat growth, naturally restoring coat shine and reducing shedding.
- UK grown cold pressed Flax Seed Oil provides high levels of Omega 3 & 6 oils. These are important in regulating skin renewal, keeping scurfiness under control and improving coat condition and quality.
- Blackcurrant Seed Oil is a potent mix of significant Omega 3 and 6 oils including an Omega 3 rarely found in nature, with unique properties to help soothe sensitive skins. The combination of Omega 3 fatty acids in this oil is perfect to help thin, poor coats.
- Borage Seed Oil (Starflower) is highly regarded as one of the richest sources of Omega 6 GLA, which is known to help coat growth and improve skin condition.
- Natural Vitamin E is a well known anti-oxidant from natural sources, perfect for maintaining the skins defences.
Acting together, this carefully created blend of nutritious oils effectively moisturises, calms and nourishes the skin moisture barrier and helps restore coat shine and supports quality coat growth.
What are essential fatty acids (EFAs)?
Essential fatty acids (EFAs), such as Omega-3 and Omega-6, are fats that must be provided in the diet as the body cannot produce them naturally. They are required for normal growth and functioning of cells, muscles, nerves, organs and the production of prostaglandins (hormone-like substances which are key to many important processes).
Deficiencies of EFAs can be linked to a variety of health problems, but by choosing a good quality omega 3 and 6 supplement for your dog, you can ensure that they’ll receive all the necessary essential fatty acids they need. Supplements rich in omega 3 and 6 are particularly effective for maintaining skin condition.
What are the ingredients in Dorwest’s Omega Star® For Dogs?
Our Omega Star® For Dogs has gained quite a reputation, containing a carefully created blend of nutritious plant oils, including flaxseed oil, blackcurrant seed oil, borage seed oils and natural vitamin E, to help nourish the skin’s moisture barrier and restore coat shine and hair growth.
- Flaxseed oil (also known as linseed oil) is naturally high in omega 3 and 6 and can help to regulate skin renewal, reduce scurfiness and improve coat quality and condition.
- Blackcurrant seed oil is a highly nutritious oil, rich in omega 3 and 6. It includes an omega 3 that has unique properties to help soothe sensitive skin and is perfect to help dogs with thin, poor coats.
- Borage seed oil (Starflower) is one of the richest sources of omega 6 GLA and is known to help coat growth and improve skin condition.
- Natural vitamin E is a well-known antioxidant which neutralises free radicals, perfect for maintaining the skin`s natural defences.
Which dogs can benefit from Omega Star® For Dogs?
Our Omega Star® For Dogs is perfect for any dog, with 86% of owners saying their pet’s coat quality has improved since using it. From those dogs that need to look their best and shine, to those with thick coats or skin conditions who need a bit of extra support. It is great for reducing the impact of dry skin in the winter, and can be used together with our Keeper’s Mix® to support dogs coming out of a season or post whelping.
Have a question?
Omega Star 500ml